Unless your work comes in the form of lawsuits, being sued is never a good thing. As key executives of the company, the duties, decisions, responsibilities and risks are all in your hands, and with so many decisions to be made, people make mistakes.
But as the ones in charge, shareholders, employees, customers, suppliers, competitors and regulatory agencies can hold you personally liable, and press charges that may result in serious financial losses.
While you work to keep your company going, make sure that you are also protected against lawsuits alleging:
- Mismanagement of business;
- Self-dealing and conflicts of interest;
- Failure to deliver services;
- Failure to disclose information;
- Disclosure of materially false or misleading information; and
- Violation of regulations.
Risk will always be there, no matter what you do, but you can protect yourself with the right risk management plan. Work with a SingCapital Financial Consultant to create a tailored plan today.